Sunday, May 10, 2009

Solar Power




I don’t know which I’m more excited about, this lovely piece of vintage fabric or my new clothesline! I’ve wanted a clothesline for a long time but somehow have never managed to install one. It will save so much energy and make the clothes smell so fresh. I haven’t had a clothesline since the one we had when I was a kid. I love the idea of a clothesline. Besides the obvious benefits, I love the simple act of putting the laundry on a line, pegging each item and pushing it along to make room for the next piece. It’s a ritual that has almost become a thing of the past, but which I think, and truly hope, is making a comeback. I can’t wait to use it!


For now, I’ve hung the fabric I picked up at the vintage sale on it to air it out. I think the fabric has already faded to perfection. What will I do with it? It could become a tablecloth, or cut to make cushion covers, or any of many other possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment