Friday, April 24, 2009

Perky Polka Dots





Half the fun of giving a gift, for me anyway, is in the presentation. I usually start with a theme, perhaps a colour, and go from there. In this particular case, it all started with some red and white gift wrap that I bought knowing that my dear friend R. is partial to red. Next I remembered some black and white polka dot ribbon I already had squirreled away. A trip to my local crafts shop turned up the perfect polka dot boxes as well as some wee red paper bags. A quick trip down another aisle yielded some red and white gingham ribbon. Once home I punched a few star-shaped breathing holes in the red bags destined to hold flower bulbs.


Put it all together, tie a ribbon onto the Spanish garden tub, and what have you got? A very cheery gift! R. tells me she had as much fun undoing this gift as I had assembling it!

No comments:

Post a Comment