Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pocket Full of Posies







Following up on the theme of less is more from yesterday’s post, I thought I would make some tiny arrangements with the very first flowers to bloom in my garden this spring. Armed with scissors I went out into the garden to see what I could find, and was rewarded with blooms that have appeared seemingly overnight: some creeping phlox, periwinkle, scilla, forsythia, grape hyacinth and William and Mary.


Using some expresso cups in a fresh looking spring green colour, I made three. The cups are just a little larger than an average egg cup and each arrangement measures about three inches across. They make the sweetest little posies and look great grouped together. But I am going to split them up: one for the bathroom, one on my bedside table and one for the kitchen table.


They make wonderful gifts too. Who could resist one of these sweet wee posies? Small in size, large in charm.

1 comment: