Monday, April 13, 2009

Basketful of Spring



At this time of year, even though the calendar says spring, outside the garden still has to wake up. What says spring more than spring blooms? Since it will be some time, before I’m picking tulips, daffodils and hyacinths from my garden I have to turn to another source. Luckily I am able to pick up small pots of spring flowers for reasonable prices at my local grocery store.

Carefully selecting for colour, I found the most beautiful creamy yellow and pink tinged tulips. I was thrilled to find a gerbera whose colours echoed the tulips and came across some creamy yellow daffodils and a gorgeous fragrant blue hyacinth. Once home, I took the blooms from their tiny pots and repotted them in a larger plastic pot, then placed the pot in a beautiful large oval basket woven with twine. In went some pussy willow branches from my garden and as a final touch I added moss. The result: a breath of spring! And best of all, this gorgeous basket of blooms wasn’t just for my enjoyment but to give away to someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment