Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Pebble Boot Tray






I can’t take credit for this one. I think I saw the idea in some magazine. I love it and it works! With all the slushy wet boots that get taken off in our household there is always a mess to clean up in the entrance. We used an ugly plastic boot tray which served the purpose, but was hardly a decorative feature and also gathered unsightly dirt and slush. But… fill the tray with pebbles, and you achieve a kind of Zen quality. Plus, the wet dirty slush soaks down through the cracks and cannot be detected by the naked eye. I loved this idea so much I bought a round pizza tin (for a couple of dollars) and took it to work to make a mini version for my office. When colleagues and visitors notice winter boots or rain boots standing on one of the trays they remark what a great idea it is, and when it lies empty most people have thought it’s a kind of Zen decoration and compliment me. Best of all, you don’t have to wash out the boot tray every two minutes!

1 comment: