Thursday, December 8, 2011

Candle Thrift


If you're the thrifty sort, as I am, then you too probably get frustrated when a candle's flame keeps going out and there is still a lot of candle left to burn. Such a waste!

This sad fact of life led me to think up this solution. With a heated knife, hollow out the top of your pillar candle until a tealight can fit inside. this is much easier to do if the pillar candle is quite wide at the top as you don't have to worry about getting too close to the candle edge as you carve. And if you sink the tealight a little deeper than I have here, you won't even notice that it is there.


Carve, pop in your tea light, light it up, and you're back in business. Once the tealight has burned out, you can simply replace it with another. In fact, I think this is such a good idea, I might just carve all my new pillar candles and fit them with tealights before I ever use them at all.


Just think, no more throwing away perfectly good large candles after only a short use.

No comments:

Post a Comment