Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Shabbily Chic Wreath



This was a really quick project that came about because I wanted a small decoration to hang at the entrance to my office cubicle at work. Just a passing nod to the season, something understated but pretty. Naturally shabby chic came to mind.

The wreath is quite small, measuring less than six inches across. I began by digging out the smallest vintage Christmas balls I could find from my stash. Using a small bowl to trace around, I drew a circle on a piece of thick carboard. I cut the circle out and then cut a smaller circle from the middle to create the foundation for my wreath. I then punched holes in the cardboard and inserted the neck of a ball through each hole, holding the ball in place with a little glue. Once the carboard was completely covered I tied an old bit of pink ribbon at the top. Presto, my shabbily chic wreath was ready to hang, using straight pins through the ribbon and into the fabric of my cubicle screen.


No comments:

Post a Comment