Friday, June 4, 2010

Potted Table Top



I was looking at this large pot under my carport, thinking that I really didn’t want to plant it with flowers as I have so many other pots still to fill. The thought hit me that perhaps I could turn it into a side table to put drinks and snacks on next to our lounge chairs. I ran into the house to pull a round glass table top I had stored in the coat closet then back out to try it on top of the pot. It fit perfectly, and I mean as if it had been cut for the job. I added a little soil to the pot and planted a couple of small ferns from my ever-growing supply, watered it and then closed it off with the glass. I added a couple of rocks to weight the whole thing down and voilà — an instant terrarium/side table. The final thing I did was paint the pot black to coordinate with the lounge chairs and planters already there.

2 comments:

  1. Clever idea about the pot. Love the Mung Men and their expressions. You have fun don't you?

    S.

    ReplyDelete