Friday, June 11, 2010

Pleasant Surprise


I am very happy to find that I have another variety of clematis climbing up the fence in my back yard. The very fence that badly needs a coat of paint, I might add. There’s only so long you can claim that you are going for a shabby chic look... but it’s not the fence I wish to talk about. It’s the clematis, yet another plant that I hadn’t seen in bloom before. It’s another pink one, but a different shade from my others. It’s so hard to know what you’re getting when all you’ve got to go on is the small photograph printed on the label that comes with the plants and there you are trying to decide which to buy in order to take advantage of the end of season special price. You just take the leap, and hope of the best, but it’s always a bit of a mystery until you get to see it in real life. And happily, in this case at least, the colour is quite lovely, very soft and pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment