Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Birthday Bliss


Today was my husband’s birthday and although I left work at 3:45, I still only had a short time to make a lasagna from scratch, assemble a salad and toast garlic bread, ice the cake, wrap the gifts and set the table before the guest of honour was due to arrive home. Sometimes fortune smiles on you and everything goes off without a hitch. But when you’re short on time, it can go either way. I knew I wanted to use some paper lanterns I had purchased a month or so ago, and was very pleased with the way they looked with a vintage tablecloth that I have. They looked like birthday balloons, and if it had been dark they would have looked great lit. As luck would have it, I had some gift bags in my stash in colours that also worked well. The whole thing just came together without a lot of fuss. It's so nice when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment