Monday, November 18, 2013

Victorian Dinner Party #14



Pteridomania, otherwise known as fern mania, was a craze that swept Britian during Victorian times. Specimens were brought back from journeys to far-away places by botanists and eventually grown for cultivation in Victorian homes. People also roamed the countryside for specimens for their collection.

With that in mind, I decided to transplant my one fern into my black iron urn and decorate it with peacock feathers for added Victorain flair.


A collection of umbrellas and walking sticks were plalced by the door.



And some giant tassles that I found in a thrift shop and kept just in case one day I might find a use for them, were hung from a hook in the ceiling so that we could summon our non-existent servants throughout the evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment