Thursday, July 8, 2010

Lavender Potpourri


Today I bring you another way to use dried lavender. Once again I’m using the lavender that I cut and dried from my neighbour’s garden (with her permission and encouragement of course!) Not only does it smell lovely, but it looks pretty too. For extra colour I added some dried rose petals to dthe dried lavender. You can add other types of dried petals or dried citrus peel, anything that adds colour or fragrance. The lavender has a wonderful scent all of its own and all you need to do is give your potpourri a quick stir every now and then to release the fragrance. You can also add a few drops of an essential oil of your choosing or a drop or two of your favorite perfume if you want another scent or medley of scents. So experiment, try different things and have some fragrant fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment