Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fountains #2


And of course following yesterday's post I can't forget my very own wee fountain. I bought it a couple of year's ago when I put in what I call my Zen garden. This part of my garden is tucked away in the back yard, half in shade half in sun. This photo was taken the first year it was put in.

The ferns and moss have now made themselves totally at home in the shady portion. The Japanese maple that I planted last summer came out of its first winter looking so strong and healthy. What a pleasure to see its beautiful deep red foliage. The hostas have become immense this year, and it's still only June! Everything seems to be very happy in this patch, must be the Zen quality that has everything thriving. It is all at peace.


The residents, however, are not at peace. We have some traffic now at the back of our house, but we like to dine outside on the deck, so the soothing water sounds from the fountain block out the traffic noises somewhat. Still we do tend to read and sit in the front much more now. Sad how "progress" and development over time really changes the way you experience and enjoy your home. Nothing is forever, you have to adapt with the changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment