Thursday, October 28, 2010

Outdoor Fun Indoors


One of the reasons I enjoy Halloween so much because it presents such “scope for the imagination” as Anne of Green Gables would say. It can be full of fun and at the same time low on the stressful preparations of other holidays. There are no expectations that come with Halloween. You can either participate, or not, and your level of participation is entirely up to you. Needless to say, I think Halloween is my favourite “holiday” of the year.

Perhaps because of its one-day nature, I like to enjoy some of my outdoor decorations ahead of time, indoors, and this might explain why I had a bunch of giant furry spiders crawling up our bathroom wall (and in this photo, a plaque on the wall) as well as others peering out from a large lidded glass urn at the side of the bath. Not quite the display for an arachnophobe of course and if they were real, I too, might have a problem with them due to their sheer size, but in this case... they are a bit of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment