Monday, July 27, 2009

Roses Roses Everywhere


The roses in my garden just keep on coming. Must be this summer’s sunny days, punctuated with frequent bursts of rain. My roses think they are in England. As any reader of this blog must have already noted, I can’t stop writing about these beauties. These David Austen roses have to be the most exquisitely lovely blooms I have ever seen.

Gathered together, their warm and delicate shades blend together harmoniously to create a gentle palette that is so pleasing to the eye. They are the colour of ballet slippers, of soft wedding bouquets. Their pastel hues make me feel like I am wrapped in a blanket of the softest cotton imaginable. They are deliciously soothing to the senses. And the fragrance! Have I told you about their fragrance? They have the sweet scent of Old World roses, potent but not in the least cloying.
This particular bunch of roses was taken to friend M's when she invited me for a lovely brunch. See how nice they look on her table? All casual and blowsy just out of the garden. There was a terrific thunderstorm as we sat and ate that morning. Just like this morning!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Love the entire Blog, the lovely photos and thoughts. Reminiscent of calmer, more sensual times.

    MA

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely photo! M

    ReplyDelete