Back on May 26th I posted an entry about finding this table in my friend’s backyard under a tree and mentioned that I planned to restore it. Well, many months later, the work is finished. After a really good scrub with soap and water and a drying in the sun, I gave it a complete sanding to remove all the loose flaking paint. Unfortunately a lot of the green went with it, revealing a white layer underneath. The knob crumbled into several pieces leaving behind a red plastic fragment, so I went off to Lee Valley Tools and selected a ceramic knob to replace it. After cutting off a rotting portion of the legs to even it out, my table transformation is complete!