Monday, August 31, 2009

No Reason to Panic!



Yikes, the temperature has really been taking a dive lately. I'm even back in long pants! Before we know it this blog is going to be forced inside for that season "that shall not be named" and there will be no more outdoor shots, or at least no more blooming outdoor flower shots for a long while. But let's not rush things. After all, it is only the last day of August, and there is still plenty of time to enjoy the outdoors. No reason to panic!
And my potted flowers are still going strong, mostly thanks to those vibrant pink geraniums. The pots didn't get to that exhuberant over-the-top flowering mass that I always dream of when I plant them up in the spring, but at least they look robust. And I'm quite pleased with how the pink blooms and black pots tie in with the pillows and lounge chairs. I remember how I was inspired to use this colour combination by the pots I saw on Crescent Street in Montreal that I featured in my post of May 19, 2009, "Crescent Street Chic".

2 comments:

  1. Those geraniums look beautiful. There is definitely a sense of the last days of summer here too, very sad!
    Thanks for visiting my blog and, in answer to your question, those structures in my photo are groynes. Sea defences to prevent erosion and flooding - they are very common along this stretch of the coastline.
    Enjoy September!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ragged Roses! Welcome! If any of my readers would like a little treat, please go and visit Ragged Roses. It is a lovely blog filled with gorgeous photos of, sigh, English countryside, gardens and vintage finds. Get ready to be charmed!

    Creative-by-nature

    ReplyDelete