Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Posting Myself to England


Came across this photograph the other day. I can't believe that it was taken almost 15 years ago. Even more unbelievable is that I haven't been back to England since then! Various circumstances have played a role I suppose. But really, a trip is long overdue. I will say so here in the hopes that if I put it out there for the universe to hear, then maybe my return will happen sooner, rather than later. This photo captures one of the cottages in the lovely village of Bucks Mills, Devon, on the road leading down to the beach. What is particularly interesting is that the post box dates back to Victoria's reign. If you zoom in enough you will see the VR at the top of the box. I guess it got missed in its out-of-the-way location with each succeeding monarch. I'm so glad. If only I could post myself! A little bit of brown paper and string, some stamps and an air mail label...

No comments:

Post a Comment