Saturday, July 18, 2015

Little White Jug #3


My hydrangea is blooming and how could I resist cutting some for my latest little white jug flower arrangement? These beautiful blue hydrangea had turned pink in my garden but I had read that if you save your old used tea leaves and scatter them on the ground around the plant, it will turn the soil acidic causing the colour to change from pink to blue.


So last summer,  I faithfully saved all my old tea bags by the kitchen sink in a small stainless steel bowl, scattering them around the base of the plant whenever the bowl was full.


And wonder of wonder it worked.  Some of the pink is now lavender coloured, but other blooms are blue.


So many beautiful shades!


Turn the jug around, and every view is gorgeous with a wide range of soft pretty colours. 




No comments:

Post a Comment