Thursday, May 28, 2015

Shabby Chic New York City



I have long been a fan of Shabby Chic, so on my recent trip to New York City a visit to this famous brand was on my priority list.  Somewhat hidden away on a side street in Soho, we took a few wrong turns before we finally found it and stepped inside to see the beauty of Shabby Chic in the flesh instead of in the pages of Rachel Ashwell's beautifully photographed books.


And it did not disappoint. The shop is divided into a series of rooms, each with a different decor but all of them distinctly Shabby Chic.


A mixture of old and new fabrics, furniture and accessories, Shabby Chic's delicate palette was upheld throughout. After hearing a friend's experience with snooty staff in the L.A. store, I steeled myself for an uncomfortable visit. But the NY salespeople could not have been nicer.


I did not know where to look, it was all so gorgeous.  Just look at that ruffled hanging lampshade. Quintessential Shabby Chic.

No comments:

Post a Comment