Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Antiquing in Shakespeare




My latest vintage purchase... these shutters in an amazing shade of blue-green.

There is a hamlet just down the road from Stratford with the apt name of Shakespeare. In this quaint hamlet there is a small conglomeration of antique stores. And in a shop called Land & Ross Antiques, I found these wonderful shutters.

You can see a collection of these shutters leaning against the wall behind the white van in the middle photo. I came across them there but didn't buy any just then. That night, after seeing Twelfth Night at the Stratford Festival, I lay awake thinking about them and plotting what I might be able to do with them... for their lovely blue-greeness was calling to me.

By morning I knew that I wanted to bring a pair home with me and my dear patient husband agreed to return to take another look. And so we did. To top things off, I managed to get a wee deal. The sign said $45 each, those slightly damaged $15 each. I got the pair for $25.

I'll show you what I do with them in a future blog entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment