Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tree Art




I was whizzing along the bicycle path on my way to work when I spotted what looked like artwork. As I cycled home that afternoon, I stopped to investigate and took these photos.

Sure enough, a landscape (signed and dated: J.L. 11/07/11) had been painted on the surface of a tree where a large limb had been cut. We have lost a lot of trees lately to high winds and I guess the artist saw an opportunity to display their art. Located at a fork in the path, there is a lot of "foot and pedal" traffic so the spot is good for reaching a lot of viewers.

What I didn't realise at first, but have since confimed, was that the artist had painted the scene they saw from that vantage point, looking out over the water as the sun was setting on the Ottawa River one evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment