Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Quintet




Look at this lovely thrift-shop quintet. They are vintage ornaments made of spun cotton. They were in a bargain grab bag along with odds and sods: ribbons, chipped ornaments and other assorted items. But it was this fabulous five that I was after. Three snow gentlemen complete with top hats, and one handsome snow lady with a Santa-type hat and small tree. One of the gentleman seems to have misplaced his broom, but all the fellows still have their pipe-cleaner pipes clenched in their mouths. I love their cheery red noses. The wee angel on the end has a lovely sparkly pick dress and pink wings. She holds up a tree as well, but its her curly bright yellow hair and pursed lips that are so sweet.

1 comment:

  1. I love these guys! Reminds me of my childhood. We had some similar, along with white sparkly reindeer and trees, sitting on a bed of angel hair! We also had a little white church made of cardboard and painted with sparkles on the white. We use to have them sitting on the fireplace mantle. I have seen stuff like this at very expensive prices in trendy gift and flower shops here in Vancouver.

    ReplyDelete