Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Nocochi Café Patisserie


Is this not one of the loveliest shop windows? So feminine and pretty. Nocochi Café Patisserie can be found on Mackay Street at Sherbrooke. I had read good things about this place before visiting Montreal. One reviewer said it resembles a stylish boutique more than an eatery. And that is true.

Although it offers light breakfast and lunch items, the main feature is definitely the desserts. The display counters inside are filled with tray upon tray of teeny tiny selections in various shapes and colours, mostly of Iranian origin. There are little squares of fruit jellies and turkish delight, marzipan and nut-encrusted pastries. The selection is dazzling and because everything is in miniature, the temptation is to try one of each.

On this visit though, my mission was to buy some turkish delight to bring home. They had temporarily run out of the traditional rose-flavoured variety so I chose the lemon. I’m already looking forward to going back. Next time I’ll stay for tea and sample some of their other treats.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, had to delete April's comment temporarily. Here it is:

    I am so glad you sent me back this blog site address. Someone deleted my favourites and off you went! Now you are back on, thankfully.

    Your site is so professional. I feel like I am looking at photos and articles from a popular magazine like Better Homes and Gardens or Canadian Living.

    ReplyDelete