Thursday, September 17, 2009

Art in a Cup







What better way to start the morning than with a café latté, a cappuccino or hot chocolate, complete with its very own mini work of art?

Just look at these drinks that my family and I were served when we stopped by Café Myriade this past weekend. I had heard about this new art form, but hadn’t actually seen it in real-life until my trip to this small café on Mackay Street in Montreal.

The café is cozy and totally unpretentious despite the fact that its owners recently placed first and third at this year’s Eastern Regional Canadian Barista Championship. No doubt their tutelage is the reason why no matter who’s working the coffee machine you’ll be the delighted recipient of your very own mini artwork in a cup. I was so excited I just had to take photos while my patient family waited to taste them, which they proceeded to do as soon as I was done. I on the other hand, could barely bring myself to add sugar and stir. Beauty is so transient...

No comments:

Post a Comment