Friday, March 20, 2009

New Beginnings



Spring is officially here… according to the calendar anyway. And with spring comes that feeling of newness, renewal and possibilities. For many, it’s the New Year that signals a chance to start over, to begin anew. For others, it’s the coming of spring with its abundance of examples of rejuvenation in nature. But for me, it has always been autumn that puts me in the mood for fresh starts and opportunities to go in unfamiliar directions.


Who can’t remember setting off to school that first morning in brand new shoes, carrying a school bag of unused school supplies? Excitement and nervousness all mixed up together. The pristine exercise books, brand-new crayons, and unsharpened pencils held such promise. I always made the same vow to myself... this year I would fill the lined pages with the neatest handwriting I could manage. And oh, the sense of disappointment the first time I made a mistake and had to cross out something I’d written.


Truth be told, I have been seriously thinking about blogging since last fall — my time for new beginnings. The project has filled my mind for many months but somehow never made its way to the top of my “To Do” list. Perhaps the promise of spring has me hankering to move on, to go somewhere different. Whatever it is, I am feeling the prod to get going stronger than ever. I have some idea of what I want to do here, but only time will reveal where this undertaking will eventually lead me.


And so... with a deep breath, I don my new shoes and set off on this journey, all the while hoping that I manage do so without marring my entries with mistakes that need to be scratched out!


No comments:

Post a Comment