Monday, November 2, 2009

Ghost Hunting



What an interesting Halloween I had this year. The evening found me on the historical Billings Estate for a couple of hours of ghost hunting. The group was led in the art of divining spirits by a psychic/medium from a nearby town. After some explanations and a quick lesson, we were turned loose to track the spirits in every nook and cranny of the 1829 house, with permission to wander wherever we pleased from the attic to the basement. No doubt the spirits were amused by our bumbling efforts to find them, armed with our wire coat-hanger divining rods.

The indoors hunt was followed by a quick visit to the old graveyard on the property, under the light of an immense full moon. It was a lovely mild night after a day of rain, howling winds and swirling leaves. And the house, in the shadows with the surrounding trees, looked like a postcard for Halloween.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know that you had had such an exciting Halloween! We just don't chat the way we used to!! Can't wait to see your latest pics from Montreal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Micheep, my loyal reader. I so appreciate the regular comments from you. At least I know someone is reading my posts. About our chats... we'll have to do something about that!

    ReplyDelete