Thursday, October 15, 2009

Apple of My Eye


Did you know that all of today’s McIntosh apples can be traced back to a single tree that was discovered by John McIntosh on his farm in Dundela, near Morrisburg, Ontario in 1811? It’s true.

This bowl of glorious McIntosh apples, also known affectionately as Macs, came from my childhood hometown. All these years later you can still go back to the same white barn with a giant red apple painted on its side and buy apples from the same orchards, the same trees. It wasn’t until I returned home and snapped this photo that I noticed the one on the top that carried an imprint, the distinct shape of an apple! No matter how many years go by, hometowns still hold magic.

1 comment:

  1. I loooove the apple on the apple! You've a keen eye! I would have just eaten it.

    ReplyDelete